Thursday, December 28, 2006

Jetlink

3 AM Wed morning it began........I boarded a 6 am flight from IAD to IAH on a CAL 737-300. Arrived into IAH(houston-george bush airport) around 830 am. Nice touchdown on 26L and subsequent taxi from hell to get to the gate(those who frequent IAH know what I am talking about). Hopped off the plane and into a shuttle that took us over to Express Jet headquarters. All I have to say is that place is one class act. Everyone there is super cool. The HR rep took us to a room, that I would get to know very well, and gave us all a briefing on the company. Then it was hurry up and wait. 25 of us there to interview so it took them a while to go through paperwork. Once it was all sorted the sessions started. There were three rooms; a jeppesen chart room, a "what would you do" room, and finally an HR room that would decide our fates. I was hit with some very good hard questions in all of the room, but it seemed as though the HR room was where it all happens. I really think your personality and ability to interact with the HR woman and one of the company managers plays a large role on whether or not you get the gig. Anyhow, after a short talk I was told to wait in the hall while they reviewed my bidding. The HR person soon came out and handed me a binder and a poster and said they would like to offer me a position and would I accept. I gladly said I would. Never been happier. Now its just a waiting game to get the final confirmation on the background check and the piss test. Not that I have much to worry about but you know how it goes. Anyways, I am thrilled to soon be a part of the express jet family. It is a dream come true and I have many people to be thankful to.....Once I get a chance to start actually flying I am going to make a video that Ill be sure to post on here. Looks like Cleared for the Visual is about to get a little more interesting.

Third time must really be the charm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Dave Starr said...

Alright! Hearty congratulations. What a great start to the New Year. I'm looking forward to hearing about the whole process. Something you might want to consider, though, is shifting the blog and your ID into something semi-anonymous, perhaps something like Aviatrix does. Your company and/or Continental especially may be exceedingly difficult to deal with RE blogging. But as for now, pop the cork and enjoy a real new years party. Any idea where your first domicile will be?

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats! December has been a month of gifts for those of us at AA.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and best wishes at your new job.
-C.

Dave Starr said...

Sean, you're it: http://satviz.com/GPS_Blog/?p=477