Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back at it...for now

Well, Its been about 9 months since I lasted posted and I apologize. Ive been really busy here in Houston, and since I dont have internet in my apartment I havnt had much of an opportunity to get on here. Regardless, here is an update.

Been flying like a maniac. Gotten over 1200 hours in the jet now and counting. Things are great. Making decent money, totally comfortable in the airplane, and really love it here. However, the corporate culture in America is backwards. Why fix something if it aint broken. Well, apparently the company I work for is too expensive for our parent major and we are being undercut. And to add to that, we have been running a branded operation on the west coast that hasnt been too lucrative. It is just starting to make money lately thanks in part to a great fuel hedge. However another major west coast regional is making an attempt to buy us out. Not sure if the deal will go thru at the BOD level, but they also want us to give up our scope and CBA. Our union is working hard to protect our jobs. In my estimation, I will be happy if I am not furloughed by October. Kinda messed up huh? Just long enough for me to live out my lease and move back to VA. I think Id be pretty depressed if I was living in H-town and having to work at home depot. Anyone have any good corporate positions available?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped checking this blog for a while due to no activity but it's good to see an update - welcome back! Any chance you could post some trip blogs/pics?

Anonymous said...

its march 2009 now i hope u will continue blogging maybe your busy or something but some of us misses ur blog... hope to hear from you soon
Aviation Suppliers Directory

JetAviator7 said...

When flying visual be sure and wear a good pair of Randolph Aviator sunglasses which are Made in the USA and exceed Mil Spec specifications.