Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Chapter 2

So, Last Friday I learned a very valuable life lesson; make sure you know who your friends are...and be wary of those who are out to get you.

Friday's weather was spectacular. The sun was out, it was 70 degrees and I didnt have to work. I was called into the boardroom around 10 am on Friday morning and told that "I had other priorities and that my mind wasnt at the company"....The Branch manager and company VP, along with my dept manager proceded to bring up 4 or 5 small things I'd done in the last few months, and told me my work was unacceptable and that "effective immediately I was terminated". Well, I have to admit this didnt come as any shock to me. The management of George Mason mortgage in Fairfax VA is as bad as it gets, and when they heard that I had plans of pursuing a career in aviation and would be leaving in May, they took it as a threat and looked for a way to get rid of me. They acted very aggressively towards me in the boardroom, as though they expected a fight from me....but i simply and quietly walked out of the room. I packed up my desk and walked outside. I was free!

I spent the rest of the day enjoying the weather. I made a few calls and within an hour I had applied for unemployment and was on the schedule full time at Aviation Adventures in Leesburg, VA. I am not in chapter two of this journey.

May 14 I am hitting the road south and will attend Ari-Ben aviation in Ft Pierce FL for 3 weeks of timebuilding. Ill leave Ft Pierce with 100 hours of time in a multi engine aircraft, and be able to instruct in multi engine aircraft back up north in VA. The magic ticket to the airlines is multi-time. Most require at a minimum 100 hours. By spending this time in FL ill meet those mins. Im very excited.

I am planning trips to key west, FLL, PBI, MCO, Tampa, and as many other small airports as I can squeeze in.

I am still pretty bitter about the whole firing thing.....but I am sure that in a year I will look down from the right seat of the CRJ-900 that I am FO on and laugh at the people still at GMMLLC......the office is a large building sitting under the rigth base for 1R at KIAD. anyone know how to drop blue ice?

No comments: